Vision and Mission :
- To form a Catholic aid agency, “Caritas in Veritate International”, which will send workers from the Youth Arise International network and material aid to provide faith based charity and evangelization to the poor.
- To establish an academy (Deus Caritas Est Academy)to serve the formational needs of the agency, to prepare youth volunteers for service through formation and mentoring especially in Catholic Social Doctrine, Pope Benedict XVI encyclicals, as well as evangelization and spiritual discernment to augment their professional skills to serve the needs of the whole person who suffers before them.
- To continue efforts already begun by engaging local Churches and ecclesial authorities experienced in international aid, who share our vision and ethos, and to bring needed medical supplies and portable clinics to the people of Haiti. We view this as an initial response and a commitment to a permanent mission in the country which would channel aid and establish an apostolic presence where volunteers live and pray in community and service.
- To seek the support of several Catholic book companies to distribute worldwide Where are the Workers? by Paul Josef Cardinal Cordes, President of the Pontifical Council Cor Unum, throughout the YAI network and among other lay communities and ecclesial movements.
- Engage, equip and send youth leaders of the Arise network to pursue the work of Caritas in Veritate* in areas of humanitarian crisis as well as to the poor and marginalized of their own regions. The rationale for a new agency lies in the belief that the restoration of the dignity of the whole person must be addressed in aid and relief, and this through an apostolate that ministers as faithful Catholics living in “communion” with each other and in solidarity with those they serve. Caritas in Veritate Internationalis the name selected.
Copyright © 2009 - 2011 Youth Arise
International. All rights reserved.